You would have landed here because you have searched for ShellScholarship.com.
This post contains the right information you have been looking for and how you can become a beneficiary of theShell SPDC Undergraduate scholarship for Nigerians.
Just read through and you would be on your way to claiming your share of the 150k shell gives to outstanding students annually till graduation.
Education, as all parents and guardians admit, is a long-term investment with an equally long gestation period, but it is one of the best legacies to bequeath to individuals, groups, and society.
That has been the belief of Shell Nigeria since 1952. In 2014, $14.8 million was invested in scholarships by the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo). Table Of Contents
About SPDC Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) invites applications from suitably qualified full-time Nigerian students admitted in the 2020-2021 academic session to apply for the Shell Scholarship 2020.
Shell Undergraduate Scholarship for Students in Nigerian Universities is one of the current scholarships for Nigerian undergraduates. Thus it is classified into two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation MeritAward (OM).
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited undergraduate scholarship awards for qualified second-year students in all Nigerian Universities.
Why Shell Scholarship 2020?
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the evergrowing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centers.
There are two categories of the Shell Scholarship Scheme, Only first-year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
The merit-based Shell scholarships are in two categories:
- The National Merit Award (NM) and – open to Nigerian undergraduates
- The Areas of Operation Merit Award – open to indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
An average of 16,000 applicants responds to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.
Level of Study
The shell scholarship for undergraduate is intended for Undergraduate Students. The shell scholarship covers all the fields offered at Nigerian Universities.
The Shell Nigeria Scholarshipis taken and hosted in Nigerian Universities. There are plenty of scholarships you can acquire abroad if you wish to study in any country of your choice. Check out our Scholarship by country and Study Abroad scholarship
Aside from the Shell Nigeria Scholarship 2020,there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country(Link Above) to access all scholarships available.
How Much does Shell Scholarship Pay?
Shell Scholarship pays N150,000 to the Successful Winners. The annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of your course. The 4000 winners will receive N150,000 throughout the duration of their course.
What are the Requirements Shell Nigeria Scholarship 2020
Eligible Applicants must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
- Be in 200 Level (as at December 2019)
How to Apply for Shell Scholarships for Nigerian Students
The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online at www.shellnigeria.com and provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
3. Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OM). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Prodeco 5, Room 10, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt.
- For more details visit the Shell Development Official website or Download Pdf for more Details
Sponsors: Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture).
Shell scholarship 2020 Application Deadline
Applications open 28th January and close 28th February 2020. The Scholarship is Offered annually.
Shell Scholarship Application Portal
Click on the link below for the shell scholarship application form.
Scholarship Application Portal
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN‘ Representatives’ /’Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Applications should be submitted online before November 12th, 2020.
- There will be no selection test (selection is based on combined academic performance) and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.