Are you interested in working with one of the most popular hospital in Canada today? Fresh Farm Inc, and other renowned agricultural establishments in the country is currently hiring series of qualified personnel to join their dynamic as a fruit picker or harvester.
Fresh Farm Inc. is an equal opportunity employer as there is no basis for discrimination throughout the employment process in regards to gender, nationality, race, religion, sex, gender and all others as protected by the law.
Who is a Fruit Picker?
A fruit picker or harvester is an individual who is charged with the responsibility of effectively sorting and packing of fruits on the farm. He will be responsible for the effective picking and harvesting of fruits and veggies. He would also be required to perform excellent and professional inspection and verification of the ripeness and health of the fruits and veggies before selection for harvesting. The fruit picker would also be responsible for the effective selection of ripe and safe to consume fruits and veggies to be harvested
Fruit Pickers Jobs in Fresh Farm Inc
|Job Location||Aldergrove, British Columbia|
|Job Type||Full Time and Part Time|
|Required Educational Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Minimum Age Qualification||18 years|
|Hiring Company||Fresh Farm Inc|
|Shift Hours||7.30am – 4.30pm (30 – 35 hours per week)|
|Pay||Upto $900 per week|
Job Responsibilities of Fruit Picker or Harvester at Fresh Farm Inc.
Successful candidates are required to effectively perform following functions
- Plays a key role in the agriculture industry
- Preventing of loss during harvesting and picking of fruits
- Sorting and gathering of harvested fruits and vegetables
- Effective and professional operation of farm machinery and tools in the harvesting and picking of fruits
- Moving of harvested fruits and vegetables to trucks
- Safe and careful loading of harvested fruits onto crates and conveyors
- Operation of power tools in the loading of crates onto trucks
- Careful and professional inspection and verification of the ripeness of the fruits
- Proper picking up of trash and debris
- Emptying and disposal of trash cans and debris
- Professional examination of the fruits for disease and other infections
- Proper care and maintenance of farm tools and machineries
- Preparation of harvested fruits for the market
- Perform artificial irrigation on the farmland if required
- Application of fertilizer and insecticides
- Follow effectively set rules in the operation of farm tools
- Keep all equipment in proper and effective order
- Foster and maintain excellent connection with team members and guests
- Perform diligently all other assigned duties and responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills Required
Successful candidates will be required to meet the pre-requisite skills and qualifications for the job which are as thus;
- Although, educational qualification is not a priority, applicants are required to have a minimum of high school diploma
- Applicant must be authorized to fully work in the country (Canada)
- Applicant must be 18years or older
- Previous experience working in a related field is required
- Applicant must be able to effectively work with other team members
- Applicant are required to be able to effectively adhere to instructions from the supervisor
- Exceptional organization skills which will aid the cleaner in the effective sorting and organized of assigned space
- Applicant are required to have excellent communication skills which would be a plus in communicating with team members and supervisor
- Excellent flexibility and adaptability skills which would give the applicant the ability to perform any task at any given time
- Excellent hand to eye coordination skills
- Able to effectively distinguish between colors
- Applicant must be strong and energetic which would enable the successful candidates to be able to lift heavy objects that may be required in the course of discharging his duty
- Applicant must be able to work independently and efficiently with other team members
Fruit Pickers or Harvesters Required Experience
Fruit Pickers doesn’t usually required previous experience although previous experience of a year or two would be an added advantage. Applicant with the required skills and can be able to work in diverse work environment can apply and be able to learn on the job.
Physical Requirements of the Fruit Picker or Harvester
All applicants are required to be strong and energetic since they would be required to walk, bend, sit, crawl, climb ladders, and lift heavy objects and lots more during the course of discharging their duty.
The salary may vary depending on the qualification and experience. However, on average, successful candidate will earn between $16.00 – 20.00 per hour.
Perks and Benefits enjoyed by a Fruit Picker
- Paid sick leave
- Free uniform and other safety equipment
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Competitive wage package
How to Apply
Having read through the job duties, the requirements and every other details concerning the job position. I’m poised to believe you’re convinced that you have the pre-requisite skills and experience and would be interested in applying for the position now.
JOIN WHATSAPP JOIN WHATSAPP JOIN WHATSAPP