Are you interested in working with one of the most popular food production and service industry in Canada today? Compass Group is currently hiring series of qualified personnel to join their dynamic as a cleaner or porter.
Who is a Chef or Cook?
A chef or cook is an individual who is charged with the responsibility of effective setting up restaurant menus while following the organizations recipe. He’ll also be responsible for the designation and assigning of tasks to other kitchen staffs as well as ensure the timely preparation of all meals. He’ll be required to provide dishes that would delight all guests
Chef or Cook at Compass Group
|Job Type||Full Time and Part Time|
|Required Educational Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Minimum Age Qualification||18 years|
|Hiring Company||Compass Group|
|Shift Hours||7.30am – 4.30pm (30 – 35 hours per week)|
|Pay||Upto $900 per week|
Job Responsibilities of Chef or Cooks at the Compass Group
Successful candidates are required to effectively perform following functions
- Proper and efficient setting up of the kitchen
- Responsible for the effective washing of utensils such as pans, knives, and lots more
- Timely and efficient cooking of meals
- Delight and assign tasks to other kitchen staffs
- Follow effectively set rules in the operation of kitchen tools and machine
- Keep all equipment in proper and effective order
- Sourcing and requesting for kitchen supplies
- Foster and maintain excellent connection with team members and guests
- Proper and effective monitoring of the kitchen stock
- Ensure strict compliance with health and safety regulations
- Efficient and timely making of beds
- Perform diligently all other assigned duties and responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills Required
Successful candidates will be required to meet the pre-requisite skills and qualifications for the job which are as thus;
- Although, educational qualification is not a priority, applicants are required to have a minimum of high school diploma
- Applicant must be authorized to fully work in the country (Canada)
- Applicant must be 18years or older
- Previous experience working in a related field is required
- Applicant must be able to effectively work with other team members
- Applicant are required to be able to effectively adhere to instructions from the supervisor
- Exceptional organization skills which will aid the cleaner in the effective sorting and organized of assigned space
- Applicant are required to have excellent communication skills which would be a plus in communicating with team members and supervisor
- Previous culinary skills is required
- Excellent flexibility and adaptability skills which would give the applicant the ability to perform any task at any given time
- Applicant must be strong and energetic which would enable the successful candidates to be able to lift heavy objects that may be required in the course of discharging his duty
- Applicant must be able to work independently and efficiently with other team members
Chef or Cook Required Experience
Chef or Cooks doesn’t usually required previous experience although previous experience of a year or two would be an added advantage. Specialized sous as sef on the other hand are required to have a minimum of five (5) years experience before they can be considered for the job.
Physical Requirements of the Chef or Cook
All applicants are required to be strong and energetic since they would be required to walk, bend, sit, crawl, and lift heavy objects and lots more during the course of discharging their duty.
The salary may vary depending on the qualification and experience. However, on average, successful candidate will earn between $25.00 – 3-.00 per hour.
About Compass Groups
Compass Group is a British owned food production company with headquarter in Chertsey, England. The company is regarded as one of the largest company in such industry in the world with over 600,000 employers all over the world. The company is known to handle the provision and serving of food at offices, hospitals, universities and lots ore
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer as there is no basis for discrimination throughout the employment process in regards to gender, nationality, race, religion, sex, gender and all others as protected by the law.