SITA, a renowned establishment in South Africa along with other reputable establishments in the country seek to hire trustworthy and goal-oriented individuals to join their dynamic team as Clerical Assistant who will handle the provision of effective administrative and clerical tasks to the organization.
SITA is an equal opportunity employer as there is no basis for discrimination throughout the employment process in regards to gender, nationality, race, religion, sex, gender and all others as protected by the law.
Who is a Clerical Assistant?
A clerical assistant is an individual who is charged with the responsibility of effective management and the coordination of various administrative and clerical functions of an office. He’ll be responsible for the professional answering and handling of incoming calls and mails and the appropriate inputting of data into the computer system. He’ll also be responsible for the appropriate scanning, typing, and proofreading of important documents. The clerical assistant will also be required to handle the timely, professional, and appropriate setting and scheduling of meetings, bookings, and appointments.
Clerical Assistant in SITA
|Job Location||Centurion, Gauteng|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Required Educational Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Minimum Age Qualification||18 years|
|Shift Hours||7.30am – 4.30pm (30 – 35 hours per week)|
|Pay||Upto R10,000 per month|
Job Responsibilities for Clerical Assistants in SITA
Successful candidates are required to effectively perform following functions
- Effective management and coordination of various administrative and clerical functions of an office
- Responsible for the professional answering and handling of incoming calls and mails
- Responsible for the appropriate inputting of data into the computer systems
- Responsible for the appropriate scanning, typing, and proofreading of important documents
- Handling of the timely, professional and appropriate setting and scheduling of meetings, bookings, and appointments
- Greet, receive and welcome visitors to the organization
- Responsible for the proper organization of the front desk
- Keep the work area clean and orderly always
- Professionally make phone calls or reach out to customers on behalf of the establishment
- Handle the appropriate keeping of records
- Keeping and maintaining of proper inventory of the office stocks
- Respond and resolve all guest queries and concerns
- Perform diligently all other assigned duties and responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills Required
Successful candidates will be required to meet the pre-requisite skills and qualifications for the job which are as thus;
- Although, educational qualification is not a priority, applicants are required to have a minimum of high school diploma
- Applicant must be authorized to fully work in the country (South Africa)
- Applicant must be 18years or older
- Previous experience working in a related field is required
- Applicant must be able to effectively work with other team members
- Applicant are required to be able to effectively adhere to instructions from the supervisor
- Exceptional organization skills which will aid the clerical assistant in the effective sorting and organized of assigned space
- Applicant are required to have excellent communication skills which would be a plus in communicating with team members and supervisor
- Excellent flexibility and adaptability skills which would give the applicant the ability to perform any task at any given time
- Excellent hand to eye coordination skills
- Able to effectively distinguish between colors
- Applicant must be strong and energetic which would enable the successful candidates to be able to lift heavy objects that may be required in the course of discharging his duty
- Applicant must be able to work independently and efficiently with other team members
Clerical Assistants Required Experience
Clerical Assistants doesn’t usually required previous experience although previous experience of a year or two would be an added advantage. Applicant who are committed, have the required skills, and can be able to work in diverse work environment can apply and be able to learn on the job.
Physical Requirements of the Clerical Assistant
All applicants are required to be strong and energetic since they would be required to walk, bend, sit, stand, lift heavy objects and lots more during the course of discharging their duty.
The salary may vary depending on the qualification and experience. However, on average, successful candidate will earn between R 9,000 – 10,000 per month
Perks and Benefits enjoyed by a Clerical Assistants
- Paid sick leave
- Free uniform and other safety equipment
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Competitive wage package
How to Apply
Having read through the job duties, the requirements and every other details concerning the job position. I’m poised to believe you’re convinced that you have the pre-requisite skills and experience and would be interested in applying for the position now.