Pinnacle International Hotel with other reputable establishments in the country seek to hire trustworthy and goal-oriented individuals to join their dynamic team as Hotel Receptionists who will handle the professional and positive welcoming of guests to the hotel and the proper assigning of rooms.
Pinnacle International Hotel is an equal opportunity employer as there is no basis for discrimination throughout the employment process in regards to gender, nationality, race, religion, sex, gender and all others as protected by the law.
Who is a Hotel Receptionist?
A hotel receptionist otherwise known as a front desk agent is an individual who is charged with the responsible of professional and positive welcoming of guests to the hotel. He’ll also be responsible to effectively manage the daily operation of the front desk. He’ll server as the first of contact on entry to the hotel and would be around to respond effectively to guest queries and concerns. The receptionist will also be required to provide relevant information and details about the hotel to all guests.
Hotel Receptionists in Pinnacle International Hotel
|Job Location||Whistler, British Columbia|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Required Educational Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Minimum Age Qualification||18 years|
|Hiring Company||Pinnacle International Hotel|
|Shift Hours||7.30am – 4.30pm (30 – 35 hours per week)|
|Pay||$20 – 30|
Job Responsibilities for Hotel Receptionists
Successful candidates are required to effectively perform following functions
- Professional and positive welcoming of guests to the hotel
- Responsible for the effective management of the daily operation of the front desk
- Serves as the first point of contact for guests on entry to the hotel
- Strict adherence to established health, organizations, and safety protocols and regulations
- Respond effectively to guest queries and concerns
- Provide relevant information and details about the hotel to all guests
- Professional and effective registering of guests
- Process the checking in and checking out of guests
- Assigning of rooms to guests efficiently
- Responsible for the professional answering and handling of incoming calls and mails
- Keep an updated inventory of available rooms in the hotel
- Perform diligently all other assigned duties and responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills Required
Successful candidates will be required to meet the pre-requisite skills and qualifications for the job which are as thus;
- Although, educational qualification is not a priority, applicants are required to have a minimum of high school diploma
- Applicant must be authorized to fully work in the country (Canada)
- Applicant must be 18years or older
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Previous experience working in a related field is required
- Applicant must be able to effectively work with other team members
- Applicant are required to be able to effectively adhere to instructions from the supervisor
- Exceptional organization skills which will aid the hotel receptionist in the effective sorting and organized of assigned space
- Applicant are required to have excellent communication skills which would be a plus in communicating with team members and supervisor
- Excellent flexibility and adaptability skills which would give the applicant the ability to perform any task at any given time
- Excellent hand to eye coordination skills
- Able to effectively distinguish between colors
- Applicant must be strong and energetic which would enable the successful candidates to be able to lift heavy objects that may be required in the course of discharging his duty
- Applicant must be able to work independently and efficiently with other team members
Hotel Receptionist Required Experience
Hotel Receptionist will be required to be able to effectively and positive interact with guests and able to work under intense pressure which is why previous experience working in related position is an added advantage. Applicant who are committed, have the required skills, and can be able to work in diverse work environment can apply and be able to learn on the job.
Physical Requirements of the Hotel Receptionist
All applicants are required to be strong and energetic since they would be required to walk, bend, sit, stand, lift heavy objects and lots more during the course of discharging their duty.
The salary may vary depending on the qualification and experience. However, on average, successful candidate will earn between $20 – 30 per hour
Perks and Benefits enjoyed by a Hotel Receptionist
- Paid sick leave
- Free uniform and other safety equipment
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Competitive wage package
How to Apply
Having read through the job duties, the requirements and every other details concerning the job position. I’m poised to believe you’re convinced that you have the pre-requisite skills and experience and would be interested in applying for the position now.