Did you miss your Xbox restock at Walmart on Monday? Don’t worry, this isn’t likely to be the only way you can get your hands on the console this week. We monitor all retailers in order to provide you with the best information as quickly as possible. Here’s what we know so far:
- There are no plans to “queue at this store on Black Friday and get a console” from any of the major retailers.
- Best Buy, Amazon, and GameStop will likely have a restock next, as Walmart has already cut back this week.
- A random restock on Thursday or Friday is unlikely, but not impossible.
- Restockings are more frequent after 10 AM PT (1 PM ET), so check back in the afternoon if you don’t see anything in the morning.
Want to learn how to improve your chances of getting a controller? This is what we have.
Why is it so hard to find Xbox Series consoles?
Essentially, Microsoft hasn’t been able to get the materials it needs to make enough Xbox consoles to meet demand. as withAnd most video cards on computers, there is a file Now this slows down the supply. The pandemic has affected production for a lot of chip makers, and industry watchers do not currently expect the issue to be fully resolved until the end of the year.
As a result, Microsoft manufactures as many consoles as possible and distributes them among its retail partners. Each retailer releases the consoles available at it in any way it sees fit. Most of the time, this means pre-announcing when you will be able to purchase the console online and then releasing it for anyone to purchase.
Expect more updates here as restockings happen.
How can I improve my chances of getting an Xbox Series X?
It can be a little messy, the screen is constantly refreshing hoping to see the exit link. And as many can attest, it’s pretty painful to hit your payment info only to see that the purchase can’t complete because all the consoles are already gone. Here are some of our tips:
- Open multiple browsers: Do you have a laptop? phone? Maybe a tablet? Use them all to try to buy. Prepare yourself in advance with multiple browsers open on the retail site of your choice and be ready to buy from them all.
- Do not give up: Several of these retailers have started releasing consoles over the course of 30 minutes, to prevent bots from buying them all and reselling them at a price hike. If you see everything sold out after the first five minutes, keep picking up because your chance may not be gone yet.
- Have an account and login: The time it takes to enter payment and shipping information can be the difference between getting your console and leaving it in the dust. Avoid this delay by creating an account on the websites you will be shopping on.
- Make sure you get confirmation E-mail: There have been several reports of the purchase being “hanging out”, and although the site said the sale had completed, no confirmation email was sent and hence the Xbox did not arrive. Stay tuned and make sure you already have an Xbox Series X on your way before the party.
How to avoid scams on Xbox Series X.
There are plenty of people eager to cash in on everyone trying to get an Xbox Series X. Here’s how to avoid known scams:
- Stay away from Twitter links: If you see something on Twitter about an Xbox Series X restock happening somewhere, your best bet is to go directly to the retailer instead of clicking on a link. In many cases, these Twitter links turned out to be a hoax.
- Buy at retail onlyIf someone offered you an Xbox Series X for more or less than $500 or an Xbox Series S for more or less than $300, you’d probably stay away. There are many such sites that offer “deals” or “packages” that are not really worth that much.
Hello Infinite Edition
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original Xbox series Halo, this year Microsoft released a special edition Series X console inspired by the series’ latest title, Halo Infinite. The console was a limited edition and sold out quickly. While almost all retailers are currently listing the console as out of stock, there’s a chance that there are still a few hanging around out there. If you’re really committed to getting an X-series (and don’t mind spending the extra $50), it might be worth looking for one..
More on Xbox Series X.
Xbox Series X: Check stock restock
Walmart is doing a solid job of noticing windows for PS5 and Xbox availability on its console Twitter feed. You may also want to visit the Xbox retailer landing page for each of the new consoles. Keep in mind that you may see higher prices from outside sellers.
Best Buy was the last retailer standing in its pre-order days, but it’s now ready to buy the Xbox Series X as stock allows.
This is the Target product page for Xbox Series X.
If you want to get the latest Xbox Series X, there is probably no better place than Microsoft’s Xbox Series X homepage. Here you’ll find the latest specs, announced game titles, new console details, and more.
Amazon sells the less expensive Xbox Series X and Series S from this product page.
GameStop was in the past described “Very limited Xbox Series X and S console bundles to buy” but are currently sold out.
This is where you can buy Xbox Series X from Newegg when the retailer has stock.
To be clear, we highly recommend waiting for stock to show up at regular retailers, so you can buy your Xbox Series X at its regular retail price. But if you decide you can’t wait another moment, the average Xbox Series X price on eBay is around $800.
Are you desperate now? Are you willing to pay a premium of hundreds of dollars over the list price? Listen, we’re not going to do that and we’re not recommending that to you either. But if you want to take that route, StockX is a reputable eBay-style site that will let you buy and sell new Xbox and PS5 models — as long as you’re willing to pay upwards of $700.
This story is frequently updated with the latest Xbox Series X stock news.