With the introduction of the iPhone 12 last year, Apple also introduced the new MagSafe system of accessories for the first time. Head below as we round up some of the best MagSafe accessories for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 this festive season…
MagSafe accessories are compatible with iPhone 12 and iPhone 13. That means if you’re giving someone an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 this holiday season, they can make a great storage companion. On the flip side, if you’re shopping for someone you know who already has an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13, MagSafe accessories are a great option.
Belkin MagSafe 2 in 1
One of my favorite MagSafe accessories is Belkin’s MagSafe 2-in-1 Wireless Charger. At under $100, this is a great option for iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 buyers who also have AirPods or other Qi-enabled accessories.
The Belkin 2-in-1 features a custom MagSafe charging disc holder along with a custom Qi charging pad in the dock.
- Fast wireless charging of up to 15W for iPhone 12 and 13 series. Compatible only with MagSafe-enabled cases to wirelessly charge the MagSafe Attachment.
- Made for MagSafe, this wireless charger delivers up to 15W for iPhone 12 and 13 Series, including power adapter
- Charge in any orientation so you can FaceTime in portrait mode or easily switch to landscape mode to watch videos
- The architecture-inspired design complements your iPhone 12 or 13 series and looks great in any environment
- The only wireless chargers designed with official MagSafe technology
You can get the Belkin 2-in-1 MagSafe Wireless Charger from Amazon for under $100 in black or white. The company is also selling a 3-in-1 model with Apple Watch support, although it’s currently out of stock.
MagSafe in the car
If you’re shopping for a MagSafe compatible car accessory, one of our favorite options is the Anker Car Mount PowerWave Charger. As we detailed in our full review, this is a great way to achieve MagSafe compatibility with your vehicle with charging support.
- POWERFUL MAGNETIC MOUNT: Even a whir of your phone won’t loosen the stand’s solid grip. Place your iPhone on the magnetic car charging stand and leave the rest to the secure magnets.
- Wide Compatibility: Works flawlessly with the majority of car air vents to hold your phone in place. (Use the included 3M dashboard if the clips are not compatible with the air vents)
- Switch up: Rotate your iPhone 12 horizontally or vertically to get the perfect viewing angle when using your favorite navigation app or making hands-free calls.
The Anker Car Mount Charger is available on Amazon for less than $40. Another popular option is the ESR HaloLock, which also features MagSafe compatibility.
As I wrote earlier this year, the MagSafe Duo has become one of my all-time favorite accessories. It’s a perfect companion for iPhone and Apple Watch owners, especially those who plan to travel sometime in 2022. As I wrote last August, the clever foldable design is what really makes the MagSafe Duo shine:
It’s easy to mock the MagSafe Duo’s design, but in practice, I found it clever and versatile. The foldable design makes it easy to put in a bag before you travel, giving you a one-cable solution for charging your iPhone and Apple Watch while in a hotel or Airbnb.
The smart, foldable design also extends to the Apple Watch dial, which can be rotated to stand up for compatibility with Nightstand mode as well as some Apple Watch bands like the Solo Loop. The versatile design is easily the MagSafe Duo’s best selling point, and gives it an edge over some of the larger competitors in the market.
The downside to the MagSafe Duo is that it’s pretty pricey at $129. There are some more affordable options on the market, but for the loyal Apple fans of the brand, the MagSafe Duo is a great option.
When it comes to finding a wallet compatible with MagSafe, you have multiple options. Apple sells its MagSafe Wallet in a variety of colors, which also includes support for the Find My feature. However, Apple’s MagSafe Wallet is pricey at $59, and can only store up to 3 cards.
In my opinion, the addition of Find My Support and the leather design makes the Apple MagSafe Wallet more than worth it. Other options, however, are available.
Satechi makes some of our favorite Apple accessories right here at 9to5MacAnd its lineup of MagSafe tools doesn’t disappoint. One of the best options is the Satechi Aluminum 2-in-1 compatible MagSafe charging mount, which is an affordable alternative to the aforementioned Belkin mount.
Satechi also makes a weighted charging base for pairing with the MagSafe Charger, as well as a vent mount for your vehicle.
The MagSafe charging system can also be used on the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 for power on the go. Apple sells its own MagSafe Battery Pack for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13, but it’s expensive and not ideal at $100.
- Attaching the MagSafe Battery Pack is a breeze. Its compact and intuitive design makes charging on the go easy. Perfectly aligned magnets keep it attached to your iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro – providing safe and reliable wireless charging.
- And it charges automatically, so there’s no need to turn it on or off. There is no interference with your credit cards or keychains either.
- On your desk and need to charge? Simply plug the Lightning cable into the MagSafe Battery Pack for wireless charging of up to 15W. Do you have a short time? With a power adapter above 20W, you can charge the MagSafe Battery Pack and iPhone faster. And you can track the shipment status on the lock screen.
Another option I’m most fond of is the Anker MagSafe portable charger. This option also includes a smart stand, and it can be recharged via USB-C instead of Lightning.
These are just some of our favorite MagSafe accessories. There are a few other options available as well. Check them out below.
What are your favorite MagSafe accessories for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13? Let us know in the comments!
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: